Before creating a document to share, consider whether the content should be offered on a webpage instead. Web content may be preferable for a number of reasons, including accessibility. For more information, visit Content Decision: Webpage or Document.
Consult the following resources to learn more about creating an accessible source document. If the document will be saved and offered as a PDF, steps must also be taken in Adobe Acrobat Pro or another software remediation platform to ensure accessibility.
- Make your Word documents accessible by Microsoft
- Create accessible deliverables by Microsoft
- Creating Accessible Microsoft Word Documents by WebAIM
- Make your PowerPoint presentations accessible by Microsoft
- PowerPoint accessibility by WebAIM
- Make your Excel documents accessible by Microsoft
- InDesign accessibility by Adobe
- One-page document cheatsheets by the National Center on Disability and Access to Education (NCDAE)
- Create accessible PDFs by Microsoft
- Create and verify PDF accessibility using Acrobat Pro by Adobe
- PDF Accessibility Overview by Adobe