Digital Accessibility Advocates
Digital accessibility is a distributed responsibility. You can make a difference in strengthening access for everyone. Becoming a Digital Accessibility (A11y) Advocate is a great way to promote accessibility within your unit, department, or division.
- Creating liaisons between units and the CDA
- Providing more channels of communication for a11y initiatives
- Increasing understanding and knowledge about digital a11y
- Strengthening diversity, equity and inclusion
Digital A11y Advocate responsibilities
- Complete training via LinkedIn (~1.5 hours)
- Attend quarterly meetings (45 minutes each)
- Answer a11y questions from your unit or department; refer to the CDA if necessary
- Advocate for a11y in your unit or department (including during projects, procurement, websites, content creation, etc.)
- Be knowledgeable regarding resources on the CDA website
- Acknowledgement on the Intranet as a Digital A11y Advocate
- Connecting with other Advocates at the University who are committed to digital a11y
- The satisfaction of knowing you are moving digital a11y forward
If you’re interested in becoming a Digital A11y Advocate, please fill out the required form. Before you express interest, please get approval from your manager. There are no restrictions on the number of advocates per unit or department. Everyone is welcome. The CDA will contact all interested applicants regarding next steps.