Social Media Posts
Create accessible social media posts using guidance from these resources:
- Social Media Accessibility (University Communications)
- Refer to captions, transcripts, and audio description for social media posts containing multimedia content.
If the social media platform doesn’t provide functionality to add closed captions for video, explore one of the following options before you post:
- Add open captions (burn-in captions). Open captions are always on and are formatted and placed by the video editor. If open captions are used, they should not obscure or obstruct relevant information in the video.
- Repurpose the caption space to provide a video transcript, including quotes, dialogue, and descriptions of the action.
- How do I edit the alternative text for a photo on Instagram?
- How do I add a caption on Instagram?
- Instagram Accessibility for Vision Impairments and Hearing Loss